Krav Maga techniques rely on an advanced Israeli Defense System that was designed to give solutions to any potential violent situation. It is a simple yet effective system that relies on the existing human-being’s instincts. Its name derives from the Hebrew language and can be roughly translated as “contact combat”.
Krav Maga combines judo, aikido, wrestling and boxing techniques along with realistic fight training. It is extremely efficient as it focuses on real-world situations and brutal counter-attacks. Its techniques aim to neutralize the threat through simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers combined with aggression.
Shindokan Krav Maga classes were designed as an unparalleled combat-fitness program meant to empower the mind of the participants and sculpt their bodies while they develop confidence and strength.
These intense, calorie-burning classes are meant to strengthen every muscle of the body, develop agility, speed, flexibility and coordination. In addition to the physical changes of the body, each class participant will notice within oneself: awareness heightening, self-confidence improvement, instinct sharpening and better surrounding understanding.
There aren’t patterns and katas in Krav Maga. The goal is to neutralize the threat by dominating and incapacitating the attacker through holds, strikes and blocks. The fighter aims to combine offensive and defensive movements, to simultaneously disrupt the attack and counterattack. The key to Krav Maga is to never cease movement, to keep acting and reacting until the attacker is no longer a threat.
A more specialized part of the class teaches the Krav Maga subduing techniques of joint locks and various grabs which are meant to de-escalate all violent confrontations and end the threat situation.
Krav Maga principles:
- Neutralize the threat as quickly as possible;
- Switch from defending to attacking as soon as possible;
- Avoid injury;
- Follow each defensive action with an offensive action;
- Use the natural reflexes of the body in the defensive motion;
- Target the attacks at the aggressor’s body’s most vulnerable points;
- Maintain awareness of the surroundings (escape routes, multiple attackers, objects that could be used for defense or to counterattack with);
- Be prepared for anything – attackers do not follow any rules;
Allow yourself to feel powerful and safe. Release the warrior within you through Shindokan Krav Maga classes.